Tuesday, March 6, 2007

A Long day shortened

Work work work
Its all that me seem to do these days.
Monday 13 hour.
Tuesday 12.
Today me had to stop at 6.
Cannot push already. Mood was getting terrible.
Me even got into verbal argument with a customer .(Always a wrong thing to do in the customer service business. They say its like fighting a pig a in a puddle.You get splattered with mud and all the pig does is go giddy with delight)

Anyway, about the argument me dunno whose fault it is .
Want to say it was me fault , me already admit the possibility.
Want to say customer fault, cannot deny statistical likelyhood.
Afterall, me answer 100 to 150 calls a day.
99 to 148 of the time things are ok .
So the one or two that go wrong cannot be totally because of me .
Afterall, It is not me nature to pick a fight with people me just get to know within the first 5 minutes of acquaintance.(or so me thinks )

No no ....must entertain possibilty that something wrong with them customer also.
Actually ,me would even go so far as insist that this is the case (caution :This note is colored with personal prejudices) .
Me only get into argument with them because me think they are lousy human beings.
Me know this is not a nice thing to say but what to do , me experience make me believe that 100% of nasty customers don't come out too well in the human being scale either .

Sometimes me wonder what else can me do with customers like this.
Want to accept, conscience rebels.
Want to fight,leceh . ( like the pig in the puddle analogy)
Want to pass the buck , kesian.
(Pass also to collegue only what .Not nice la passing shit around the place you eat.)

So me do what me usually do, which is what me can.
When me reach dangerously close to me upper limit of tolerance, me call it a day.
Generally me can stand up to 4 nasty custmer a day. (Not bad actually. 1 to 4 ratio.Considering that the average rate of asshole is about 1 every 8 hours ,on paper me can technically work 24 hours without breaching me patience. Also, the really good cust service guys/gals me know can also handle only about 6 assholes per day.Looking from that angle, me think me am making good time in joining that elevated rank soon)

After that me am spent.

Must recuperate.

Afterall,according to above statistics ,tomorrow me have high chance of meeting at least one asshole.
Must save energy for that fella (or felli for that matter. It is me observation that in term of equal rights , them ladies are making enviable progress in the asshole sub-section of society too)
when he/she decides to pick up the phone and make that unfortunate call,cannot let that fella/felli win without a fight kan.

No comments: